Dr. B was really impressed with the reading logs she received in class yesterday. You were able to capture important details in a very short amount of time, showing me, your teacher, that you have excellent comprehension of the key plot points in Alan Moore's Watchmen.
For today, we will do a mini reading log exercise and reflect on our experiences on the blog. Here are your instructions:
1) On a clean sheet of paper, set up a log like the one yesterday:
- Time Started:
- Time Ended (+ # of pages):
- Response:To the best of your ability, summarize the plot on the pages you were able to get through. Make sure to cite page numbers at key points so you can reference them in the future and during discussion.
2) When you have finished, describe your experience in the comments section below. Answer these questions:
- Do you feel like you understand the plot of Watchmen better when you have written it down immediately afterwards?
- Looking at your time and page numbers, do you consider yourself a fast reader?
- Lastly, what is one thing you want to know more about in the pages you read today?